Sunday, July 24, 2011

reflections from the darkness



Site moved to www.ThenCameMichael.com 

I am not Michael. I am not strong enough to be Michael. However, growing up in a family of 5 kids you learn to be loud...and observant. So I will be his voice when he is too weak to speak...or write. They say when you have found your soulmate you are of one mind. So I will let him talk through me. 

My name is Nicole Frantilla. I have been with Michael for over 10 years. We have a beautiful 4yr old son and a 65lb yellow Labrador lap dog.

And Michael... Michael suffers almost every adverse reaction from Levaquin and Avelox (toxic antibiotics given to him for a cough) listed on the black box warning. This has been going on for almost 3 years now. As far as we know, there is no recovery.

But Michael... Michael proves everyday how much suffering a body can take and yet his spirit makes him an unstoppable force of nature.

He is my inspiration and the reason why on the 1000th day from the start of this poisoning we promised each other to reach out to others and tell our story. After years of doctors, emergency rooms, pills, and cross-country trips we are able to speak out of hindsight about a story of courage, hypocrisy, tenacity, and pain.

This is a story I hope our son reads when he is older and is finally able to understand why daddy couldn't play or be with him all those times. But that when he did, it lifted his soul so much he fought even harder and loved even deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment