Friday, September 14, 2012

Glutathione - your body's 'Master Anti-oxidant'


Site moved to www.ThenCameMichael.com where you will find a new Glutathione section!

This post is now found here:

http://thencamemichael.com/2012/09/14/glutathione-your-bodys-master-anti-oxidant/


Glutathione has been a major part of my progress for the last 2.5 years. If I go more than 5-7 days without, I start going downhill. Fast. It is the reason I can walk again and communicate using words again.

I have learned a tremendous amount on the subject. My Neurologist, Dr. David Perlmutter, pioneered it's use almost 20 years ago for many intense Neurological conditions. He has since taught and/or consulted with a great many physicians on the use and administration of Glutathione over the years.  
 There are many forms out there. From pills to suppositories, inhalers, etc. BUT... the ONLY way for your body to get and use additional Glutathione is through IV. Period.

I have heard a few people suggest they had a less than plesant experience with Glutathione. From personal experience I am certain incorrect handling and/or poor product is the cause. I have personally had bad experiences early on. I had begun to urinate blood (a LOT of blood) immediately following my first few Glutathione IV's from a Dr in Chicago.

After several doctors and a hospital stay failed to figure it out, I went to the Dr's office and inspected his Glutathione supply. It was from some obscure pharmacy and was not only oxidized but also expired. Glutathione is very sensitive to both light and heat. Proper handling is paramount.  That means from the time it leaves the pharmacy until it reaches your bloodstream. Moreover, there is ONE place and ONE place only that I feel should be a source of Glutathione.

Wellness Pharmacy is where Dr Perlmutter has his compounded. As you all can certainly understand, I was not interested in trying anything other than what has been proven to work. That meant for me, I would only get it from the pharmacy that patented it's creation method.

Wellness has patented the method for creating 100% reduced L-Glutathione.  Once I switched to the pure form compounded there, not only have I had ZERO issues, it's potency is dramatically higher than the others I've experienced.

The correct way to prepare and administer Glutathione is through an IV push (NOT injecting Glutathione into a 500ml bag of saline!). It is important to dilute with 10ml of Sodium Chloride into a syringe. My dosage generally is 3000IU of Glutathione, diluted with 10ml of Sodium Chloride.

Glutathione is your body's "Master Anti-Oxidant". It is a naturally occuring substance that is largely responsible for your overall health and function. Among the many things it does, one is it's arguably the most effective scavenger of free-radicals. The little evil-doers that attack your body and brain continually.

A little over 2 years ago, I taught myself to do an IV push. I had no luck finding (or affording!) Dr's locally who would be willing to help. And I sure as heck wasn't going to go back to BoBo the Circus Chimp who had administered it the first time. He clearly was hardly competent. And Dr Perlmutter was 2000 miles away.

I want to share a video I made during today's IV push for a number of reasons. But most importantly, I made it to show that you CAN do anything - even things you think impossible. Let us not forget: Your thoughts greatly affect your outcomes in life. Whether you think you can or think you cannot - you're right. It's up to you to decide which you choose. Personally, I believe I can.

You CAN and will get through this.

I will soon do another post with more in-depth information on Glutathione as well as other supplements soon. But for now, know that together we will all get through this.

Please, if you have questions or would just like to drop me a note with your thoughts, please use the contact me page.



5 comments:

  1. Do you still see Dr. Perlmutter, and recommend him? I live 3 hours away but am considering seeing him....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, although we now do consultations over the phone as I'm in Colorado now. You'll find him to be incredibly thorough and he takes his time to listen very carefully. Which was refreshing for me to say the least. He's also a Neuroscientist as well and he's considered one of the best Neurologists in the world. Well published too. I am grateful to have him with me. I was 2 years into this before I got to see him, I wish I saw him sooner. It would have saved me a lot of torture. I can't recommend him enough. He is definitely the exception to the rule.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am hoping to see him in the next few months.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is just the simple word that may explain that how much I liked it. It was nicely stuffed with the material I was looking for. It’s great to be here though by chance.

    ReplyDelete